Tuesday, April 3, 2012

First Spring Swarm

   It's a Where's Waldo kind of location, blending in with the tree, but a lovely foot plus in length and about 8 inches in diameter.  They are a swarm from a wild hive in Forestville so they are already adapted to our home environment.  We ride out there early and eager, set up our ladder under the swarm, no veils, and start pruning the branches.  We are out of practice.  The clump falls, the bees get mad, we get stung.  Bees are crawling inside my clothes and up my cleavage.  But we convince them that our box is a better home.  We had to leave it there all day to let them move in, but judging from the eager bee butts in the air, that shouldn't be a problem.  I just have to bring down the swelling on my eye.  We'll remember how we do this next swarm



Here they are moving into our box:


I am cyclops.

No comments:

Post a Comment